Welcome everyone! This is Button...Button, a place where I talk about crafting and whatever other nonsense I can possibly come up with, I love to write and I love what I do from day to day, hopefully you can get some joy out of it too! If you have any questions please feel free to email me at asay.stephanie@gmail.com. Updates will be happening on the regular so please keep checking in!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

yarn what?

I wanted to show you guys the coolest thing that has actually been in the news quite a lot lately...


It's this crazy thing called yarn bombing, basically taking the idea of grafitti and turning it into knitted or crocheted goods.  It's thought to have been started in Texas with a group of women just trying to brighten up the world without defacing public property.  The cool thing is that it has really caught on and is happening worldwide.  You can find these "yarn bombs" in the form of sweaters made for statues, wrapping trees or poles and I even read an article how potholes down a street in Paris were filled with yarn chains.


Check out this awesome website where it shows some great stuff http://yarnbombing.com/


Oh and International yarn bombing day is June 11th!


I also stumbled upon this little gem while meandering through the world wide web... http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/


This is a group that you can join that leaves softies for perfect strangers, no strings attached, I love this idea and thought you might too :)


Become a fan of button button on facebook and as always...word to your mother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment