Welcome everyone! This is Button...Button, a place where I talk about crafting and whatever other nonsense I can possibly come up with, I love to write and I love what I do from day to day, hopefully you can get some joy out of it too! If you have any questions please feel free to email me at asay.stephanie@gmail.com. Updates will be happening on the regular so please keep checking in!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Let the Games Begin

For the past little while I have really wanted to kick my knitting into gear and really get my inventory up to par with the amount of shows that I really want to do after I graduate from school.  Today was the day that I really started picking at the goals that I have and it feels really good.  I love making lists, to do lists, goal lists, grocery lists (even though I hate the grocery store) but the thing is that lists are not for everyone.  Find a way to make goals with whatever it is you may be doing, I adore sticky notes  and the hello kitty note lists that they have for $1.00 at target.  My goal is to have 100 hats done by August as well as a more blankets, booties, and clothing made.  It seems like alot and with school 40 hours a week it really can be but because I make my goals I feel like I'm not going crazy with what I am doing.


Kyle and I went down to Price for the weekend for a couple family events including Mother's day and just being around family made us realize even more how much we would love to move back there once I am through with school and what not.  The only option that I might really have for work down there is to open my own spa, which is my dream anyways.  The longer we were down there and talked to different family members who really encouraged me I think my new huge goal is to seriously start cracking down on getting a spa in Price.  I'll be honest I couldn't sleep last night because of all the ideas running through my head, from what services I would provide to what the logo would look like.  It gets me even more excited about what I love to do and I'm going to stop being the one that is telling myself that it is not probable.  I have the biggest capability of being my own worst enemy sometimes and I've come to realize that there is no fun in that.  I don't expect any of my goals to come easy, just like I don't expect my hats to knit themselves, but I do know that with a solid support system anything is possible.


Here are a few ideas for you to think about this week...


Would you like to know how wool is processed and made into yarn and other stuff like soap?  On may 21st there is the lamb and wool festival at Thanksgiving Point (in Utah).  It sounds like a lot of fun for little kids and adults as well and if we can make it I might just drag ky there.


http://www.thanksgivingpoint.com/calendar/events/lamb_wool/LambWool.html


You can now follow me on twitter, @Stephanieasay (it still confuses me)  here I will be "tweeting" about stuff going on with Button, Button, ladybug&babybird and whatever else.  Feel free to befriend me on facebook as well and like the button button page.


Also this weekend my mother in law made the greatest table decorations for my sister in laws bridal shower, they were pinwheels made out of 12X12 scrapbook paper and wooden dowls, they were amazing!  Here is something similar from craftgossip.com


tissue-paper-pom-pom-flowers.jpg

Thank you so much for reading and look for a new addition to the button, button facebook page where I will post all available product through ladybug&babybird including pricing etc.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment