Welcome everyone! This is Button...Button, a place where I talk about crafting and whatever other nonsense I can possibly come up with, I love to write and I love what I do from day to day, hopefully you can get some joy out of it too! If you have any questions please feel free to email me at asay.stephanie@gmail.com. Updates will be happening on the regular so please keep checking in!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guess Who's Back

The past few months...let's me honest the past year, has been freakin nutso.  And as I do realize that is not the greatest excuse for not writing a three paragraph blog 2-3 times a week, it's what I'm sticking to.  I've really missed writing this blog and so here I am again with random rants and crafts and even some personal progress.


In the past year I graduated as a Master Esthetician, opened my own business, expanded ladybug&babybird, moved twice (the second time into our own home!), expanded our little family by eight (chickens), and just recently survived watching ky getting into a horrible motorcycle accident.


People say you don't know what you have until it's gone, well I want to change that statement, you know what you have then watch something horrible happen then realize even more how much that thing means to you.  It was a crappy Sunday for motocross and as it was the second day of racing my initial nerves had worn off.  I've always loved watching the races and even more I love watching Kyle do what he loves.  As his race started I felt this urge to get up from behind the propane heater I was nuzzled behind and let him see my standing there as he raced by.  To be honest I can't recall a whole lot of what happened after that, Kyle came up off the jump that had a step up to it and as if it were in slow motion the whole bike flipped around and landed on top of him.  Everything passed in front of me and all I could think of was I can't do this without him.  I slightly recall jumping a fence (keep in mind I am not agile at all), my landing was sloppy and I ran.  I was the second person to him and he wasn't talking, finally he woke up and through my sobs I heard him say "I'm fine, don't trip". Never in my life have I been so happy to hear the term "Don't Trip".  The second thought that came into my mind was "is he paralyzed?", this was not only my fear but all of the other great guys that were so fast to get to him, they made sure he could move everything and eliminate that fear.  Before he was put in the ambulance I informed him that he better of had fun because never a-f*cking-gain (harsh as it sounds my comedic timing was perfect and even Kyle got a good laugh out of it).


He broke two bones in his back and his collar bone and shoulder blade, and as bad as that sounds (and is) it really could have been so much worse. As I'm not usually the one to rely on the "count your blessings" phrase I think this might be my exception.  Kyle has given me permission to sell his dirt bike and as of right now we are on the hunt for a new hobby, he's really considering refurbishing vintage motorcycles...as long as he can't jump them I'm totally supportive.


I guess what I really want this post to relay is that every single moment is precious with the ones you love and never ever take that for granted. So happy to be back and look for more posts, I promise to be vigilant :)


Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment